Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Screw it...

Australia is no longer going to happen. I've decided instead to
proceed with a sailing opportunity instead. I have just been
recruited to a sailing boat Alvei (click for more info).
I will be leaving Nelson April 10th and then will be sailing a
long 3 weeks voyage to Fiji and then to Vanuatu.

For reasons unknown to me I find this a lot more appealing.
Of course I am quite sad about Ms D not coming along, but
on the other side, I might be able to convince her to you,
like, tag along. Nothing is for certain, but I know that
she is pretty keen on doing something similar.



I don't know how long I will be gone for. I was thinking about just doing it until i got tired, but we'll see. I met a girl on board who has been sailing for the past two years, and the stories that she told me were quite amazing.

You could be asking, why not just do it after Oz or NZ? Because they are leaving for the proverbial islands and won't return until November next year. Hence I want to do now.

I've hidden a message in the first two paragraphs. Here's a hint, look vertically on the left hand side :)

No comments: