Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gone going...

I'm in Queenstown right now, been here a night, and it's a really nice place. Really. I was in Wanaka the other day, and I prefer that town over this. This is a real touristy ski resort town, only based on partying and spending all your life savings and on the verge of selling your left kidney on the black market to ensure you get to do everything possible that this town has to offer - no matter what the cost (that includes taking the kidney from your travel mate too :-S). But that's another subject all together, so we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

ANYWAY! I'm going bungy jumping today, which I'm pretty stoked about, and I'm also going to be doing some canyoning in the next couple of days. I also want to do some other wild activities, but I have to make sure I have some money for when I get over to Oz. Something I've been thinking briefly over too, I might not stay here until November if I can't find a job, and just jump the Ditch and get a job over there. We'll see what happens. I've applied to two different jobs so far: one in Hokitika at a dairy factory (good cash) and another one up by Nelson (don't know how much pay it is).

Oh, I met this couple while I was out hiking in Wanaka, the girl was from Sweden and the guy is a Kiwi, both really cool and nice people. I'm going Bungy with them and then might do the canyoning with them too, it all depends on how much $ they got of course. But yeah, as always, meeting great people.

Speaking of which, I'm really looking forward to meeting Ms. D in 16 more days. It's just driving me absolutely crazy not being with her. You see all these couples running around town, holding hands and stuff like that. Or I'm just sitting around digging for gold in my belly button, thinking about her. Man, life is pretty damn tough for me on that part (not expecting sympathy guys). Hopefully it's going to work out once I get to Oz, not really expecting anything, but there is a glimor of hope in there. Damn love...what a P.o.S. (not going to say what it means, Google it). But I'm drowning my sorrows in a book right now call jPod, and it is ridiculously funny! It took me about 2 minutes to read one page because I was laughing like a maniac. It's primo (<-Kiwi) material guys! Also just finished reading Into the Wild which was a pretty intense read man, I really recommend it too.

Aight my fellow followers of the O.D.NZ blog, I must depart to meet my fate with a elastice piece of cord that's supossed to keep me from hitting the ground. Oh yeah, it's a 134m bungy...or 143 I forget. Toodles guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that sounds soooo cool!! ^^
(The jumping, not u feeling alone..)

Come home with me!! ^^ 27th aug, via bangkok n copenhagen. (with SAS)