Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gone surfing

G'day guys!

It's been not to long since my last post, but quite a while since my last real post, and so I'm going to try to fix that.

Well, I've left my hostel and now couchsurfing over at some students place which is pretty sweet. I have the lounge/TV room with a fire place built in all to my self. And my hostess has hooked me up with a laptop whenever she isn't working on it :D Lock'n'Loll!!! And she's got heaps of movies for me to watch if I don't have anything better to do. It's not just me and her here, it's 4 of us in total, and everyone here is a cool person. I've only been here for one night so far, and I'm going to be crashing here one more night, however the hostess said there's a good chance I can extend my stay for a couple of more days, I just have to ask the other people who live here. According to my host, they like me, so that's a good sign and should help me stay a bit longer, but we'll see. Don't want to get my hopes up you know. I'm pretty sure I have some one else lined up for if they don't let me stay another night.

Anyway! I went to get my car rejected at the testing station just to see what was wrong with it, and now most of it's been repaired. They pulled me on missing some lights, and then rust. So I got all of that fixed now. I went to a backyard panel beater, and he gave me one steel (pun pun) of deal. He rebuilt the corner of my passenger door, fixed a small segment on the lower front supporting pillar, removed some other small patches of rust, changed my oil, welded a cracked exhaust pipe, and gave me free light bulbs. For how much you ask? He wanted 161 NZD (751 SEK) but I gave him 180NZD (840SEK) because what he did was a lot more expensive, and I just felt that he should of taken a bit more. He was pretty surprised, and really happy with it, so that was really cool. I also have a pretty good idea of how to change the oil now. I also had to replace the drivers seat belt. It was gonna cost me about 160 for a new seat belt, but I went to a wreckers instead, and bought one for 50 bucks instead. Sweet. I installed it too :D which felt pretty cool mind you. Working on my car, getting it ready for the market. Choice! I was looking only for how much they want for my car, and most people are asking for about 2500, so I'm gonna be putting mine up for about 1500, and hopefully I'm gonna get some bids on it. I think I'm going to take the money and buy a laptop with it, cause this is just driving me crazy, not getting to do some paintwork on my photos. But yeah, I think I'll wait until I get back from Oz before I buy a laptop.

I haven't really done a whole lot else here in Dunedin, except for trying to fix my car. I went for a quick drive down the peninsula and that was really nice. I found this really random...cave? No, it wasn't a cave, it was almost like a bunker right off a cliff by the side of the road. At first I only walked a couple of meters inside cause it looked super dodgey, and so when I turned around there was someone standing there. At first I was like like "@#$%^!!!!! Get ready to fight Chris!" But after looking closer at him and his clothing, he was just a tourist too, and so we both walked into the bunker and didn't find a whole lot. It was pretty big, but all it had was a bunch of graffiti and trash lying around the place. I don't know what had been going on there, but a part of me just doesn't want to know either. Yeah, craziness.

Today I'm gonna go for a drive with a friend I made along the road while going up to Milford sound (a hitchhiker Frauline Germany knew too) and we're going back out to the peninsula and then on the other side of it to maybe check out some penguins and seals, along with just amazing views. However the weather isn't the greatest a the moment, so I don't know how long we're gonna be out. If I'm feeling lucky, I'm going to go and get WOF done again, and hopefully I'll pass this time, and then I'm gonna go and make some posters and advertise it online too.

And most likely going to play some pool today too. I've been playing pool the past 3 nights in a row. Night before last I was kicking some serious ass, but last night was pretty shameful. My mind was somewhere else, thinking about Ms. D you know and our future. Something I really shouldn't be doing, but we'll see what happens. I'm going to have to talk to her about it when I get to Oz because this relationship is just too good to end because we want to do some traveling. Gah! F--king women man - nej, I take that back, f--king relationships, they can be just so damn hard sometimes!!! Why?!?!

Yup, that's the way it is right now. Besides my car and Ms. D 'problems', I'm doing just great! And so I have to get ready for my little drive today, and I shall leave you guys to it. Sorry, no photos today though. Hope you guys liked the previous ones I took. Oh, and before I forget: Family Man, I'm most likely going to take you up on that offer, it's some photos are too big to send, but we'll sort something out. L8ers gaitors!

No comments: