Friday, April 25, 2008

Greetings from -

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA!

I've now jumped the Ditch and I'm reunited with Ms. D and tonight we're heading on down towards Melbourne to meet up with my old man. So we're gonna be down there for a couple of days and then we're going to get a mini-van to sleep in and do some driving around. I'm pretty excited about it!

But I don't really have the energy to write a whole lot, so just head on over to the web album for some new photos. Mind you, I've added some more, but they're organized by date, so you might not of have see them straight away.

Oh, here's a quick story though. A story of deception, trickery and slyness - the story of the switcheroo at the Dolls House.

The very night before I left Chch I met up with a guy I met in Wananka while doing a tramp (a very cool dude), and he used to be a bouncer at a strip club, and he had accumulated (via tips and what not) about 1400NZD of funny money from the club (read: Monopoly Money) and he had left the club on pretty bad terms, so he needed me to go in and try to get some of the money changed into real money. So, he broke down the whole way the club was run and how I was to go about getting what I needed. He made sure I didn't pay for anything, not even the entrance fee. I was given a free entrance card for that, along with 200NZD spending money. Sweet! He told me to buy the girls drinks and give tips to establish that I was a regular customer with some extra money to spend. And then when I left, I had to make up a story and try to get some of the money changed on my way out.

So I got into the club for free, and it was pretty damn cold in there mind you! And then I finally saw girls dancing on stage (yes, I have been to strip clubs previously), choice. I then went through with the plan we devised and got 100bucks out the club. My friend was expecting about 30-40, so when I came out with 100bucks, he was pretty stoked! And as it turns out this guy is heading over to Swe-dala in about 2.5 weeks, so who knows where I'll meet him again :D

I would like to elaborate a bit more on this story but Ms. D and I have to try to find some cheap mini-vans here in Oz to boogy around in.

Till next time - have good one! Don't forget the photos!

No comments: