Monday, February 11, 2008

the hard life

I've been talking to quite a bit of people here about what I do here at the hostel, and man, I've got a pretty sweet deal going on.

The other day I was over at Cam's place for some dinner (smoked KingFish, yum!) and then I got a call from the office, so I had to go over there before we started eating, too take care of the problem. I took off, solved the problem, went back to Cam's place to have my feed. After that, I went back into town, parked my car, took one of the bikes here, and then just biked down to the warf to hang out with him there for a bit. All of this is during my shift. Think about that. The past couple of nights I've been out playing pool and having a beer or two. Which other job would allow you to do that, eh? Man, this is probably the easiest job I've had so far. I love my life :D

But, I currently have a big decision to make right now. I've talked to some of you guys about this, but maybe not all the details were laid out there.
Here are three paths I take that will determine the next 1-2 years of my life.
1) Stay in NZ for 6 months as planned, extend my flight ticket to November, and then go over to Oz for 6 monthes, fly back to NZ and then back home.
2) Stay in NZ for a whole year, go back home, make some more $, then go back to Oz for X-time.
3) Stay in NZ for a whole year, ignore my flight ticket home, and go over to Oz for a year or so (via a Working Holiday Visa like here).

The third option is a very expensive option, but I do have the resources to accomplish it, mind you.

Hmmm...yeah. It's hard. I know what you guys are going to say back home, so you don't really need to say it.

Mmmkay guys, I'm gonna let you guys think on that one, in the mean time, smell ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellow Daaaaarling!! =)

oki, so hereƤs option 4:

Stay in NZ, Mike's bought his ticket n leaves august 4th, via Hong Kong...Hypothetically I could work all of June and July, go down with him, chill in HK a day or 3 (meet some friends and whatnot) and then come down there, we hang out all 3 of us, and then I drag you back by the hair sometime very late august...how's that sound ey?

I really gotta start planning my summer soon, but like I've been saying, that's DEEEFINATLY an option.. =)

Hollar back to me on Facebook!
Stay cool bro!
We miss u like hell btw, but that should go without saying...

//Sebbe