Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Cape

Yesterday was a pretty sweet day guys and girls! I took a day trip up to Cape Reigna which was just superb!

I met an older couple here at the hostel, and we ended up agreeing on taking a road trip up to Cape Reigna. On the condition that they would split the gas with me. Sweet as, no problem on that side.

We left at 8 in the morning, and it took us a bit over 3 hours to get up there, but it was a nice cruisy drive, nothing too difficult, but yet again I felt like a rally driver on these windy roads (but felt more like a rally driver on my way back). Once we get to the parking lot, we start making our way to the lighthouse, and during the whole walk, the scenery is just amazing (so pissed I can't upload some photos for you guys to check out). Upon reaching the lighthouse, we see a sign post with arrows pointing in several directions for all the major cities in the world. But some people have been ripping them off as suvenirs which is a real bummer for the rest of us, but meh. Anyway, from the look out, you could see white water in the middle of the ocean, and that's where the Tasman and Pacific sea collide. Pretty cool site to see.

We saw a path going down to beach which was a bit off, but I suggested we go and check it out, and boy, it was AMAZING!!! The beach was deserted! Ok, there were like 6 other people there, but if you walked for about 5 minutes, you were alone again. Not even 5, 2 would of been enough. Gah! I wish I could post some photos of it! I took a dip there as well (of course) and I've never seen waves move the way they were moving in there. They didn't come in the usualy wave pattern. They came in from different directions all the time. Very odd, but very nice! Super clear water too!

When were done playing on the beach, we start making our way back up to the car, and take a detour to do some sandboarding. Pretty awesome, but damn it was tiring. Walking up these MASSIVE sand dunes + taking a sled down it = A lot of fun!!!

Well, then I looked at my watch, and realized I started work in about 2.5 hours. And the trip was about 3 hours. We jumped into TM, and start hauling ass. It took us less than 2.5hrs to travel the whole distance. I was switching gears like a mad man, making sure I wouldn't lose speed, and over taking cars like a demon. I was so proud of TM! It shone like a beautiful star! I was probably averaging around 120-130kph. And driving straight through all the corners that I could. Don't worry guys, I made sure I didn't jeoprodize my passengers lifes. I even told them too tell me they wanted me to slow down. No worries, we got back, and happy as!

And today, I'm going to go to some Middle Eastern cafe in a town not to far away and hopefully have some falafel! So, catch ya guys later! And thanks for the book tips!

No comments: