Tuesday, December 9, 2008

feelin' like a million bucks

Woke up today at 02am and then watched the sunrise...or the part of it at least. Ok, I came when it had clearly gone over the horizon, ok? :P

Here's the quote I wanted to share with you:

"I have no friends besides myself. None. I made that decision today. People turn, pull attitudes, lie, don't come through. I see it all. Every f#cking second of it and I hate it.
"I know some great people, some of whom I trust. They are okay by me. I always watch them to see when they will betray me. I have only one friend - Myself. I am always amused and amazed at how hostile and abusive people can be. ...But it's a lonely place I have put myself in. Why? Because I am sick of letdowns, lies, deceit, and betrayal. I will maintain and support Fort Rollins forever."

- 6.15.85 Tampa, FL
Henry Rollins, Get in the Van

Now, please don't start freaking. I feel just fine, but I can relate to what he's saying quite a bit. I'm not questioning any old friendships, never would I do that. But I do question the value of people that I meet along the road now a days. Hard to explain. Will try to get it into words somehow.

However, right now I have to figure out where I'm going after Byron Bay. I think it will be Surfers Paradise and then to Brisbane.

Here are some photos from Bellingen and Byron Bay. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's one of my favourite quotes from the album. I can actually relate to it in my current relationships. I've cut myself off from quite a lot of my old friends for some of the reasons Henry mentions.


This is another one I like:

1985, September 27th, Salt Lake City Utah.

"I spend a lot of time in the dark staring at the ceiling of the truck. I think about a lot of things. I think about this girl. I think about running my hands over her body. I think about her hips. I think about her eyes. I think about her smile. In my mind I come up to her and put my arms out. She pushes me away. Firmly. With determination. She shakes her head slowly. No. Her eyes are fixed to the ground. No. I turn around without saying a word. I walk away, and away, and away. I walk forever, through darkness. I look straight ahead. I can see clearly. There's nothing to see. In darkness I can do no wrong.

There's a lurching halt. The truck comes to a stop. The door pulls up. Bright Utah sunlight comes steaming in. The darkness vaporises from my eyes and from my mind. I emerge from the truck. I went into the men's room. I can remember staring at my reflection in the toilet bowl. I can't remember feeling uglier in all my life."