Sunday, December 21, 2008

Change of plans

I'm in Hobart right now, and all is well.

I bumped into someone who I didn't really expect to bump into, but I did, which isn't too big of a surprise considering.

I've mentioned this guy before, his name is also Chris (been meeting heaps of Chris's lately). Anyway, first met him when I picked him up with my German friend while we were driving to Milford Sound. Met him in Dunedin when I found out we were staying at them same hostel, and then bumped into him Christchurch randomly. So while Sari and I were sitting at this park bench, a guy started starring at me and smiling, I didn't really think too much of it, cause I'm in Aus and everyone smiles at everyone here. But this was a little bit different when he wouldn't stop starring at me and started walking towards me. It clicked in my brain, lowe and behold it was Chris. It is, one, small, world - period. I love my life! He's down here with his misses, and we had a coffee together and well, to cut things short, it seems like we'll be doing some fruit picking together. Bloody brilliant!

I've checked out some farms in the area and there seems to be hope, not a 100% just yet, but I think it'll be sweet as. As for Christmas, plans have changed, for the better in my opinion. I'm still going to Maria Island, just by myself though. Now you may be thinking, how is this better? Well, Sari is cool, nice person, blah blah blah, she's just not my cup of tea. No point in trash talking her, just put it like this, I don't want her by my side for Christmas, I'd much rather spend it by myself and some trees. Sounds pretty depressing, but I don't think so. I thought last Christmas was going to suck, but it didn't (read this for a reminder). After that, I don't know. I might go to a festival Marion Bay, but the tickets are 180 bucks, and then booze on top of that. I don't think I'll be going though. I'll probably find some beach to spend it on. Right now, as much as I love meeting and hanging out with locals, I some how want to be away from people. It's really weird, I can't explain it. I'm sure it's just a phase of some sort.

Anyway, so yes, I'm good, I'm happy, I'm in Tasmania. What more could you ask for? Except for a massive pot of gold/money/saffron/diamonds/etc.

No comments: