Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A -> B ->F? OMG, WTF BBQ?!

I was browsing the Couch Surfing forum and read about this place where you can build a bike and walk (or bike) without paying a cent. For me, that's awesome! I look on the map, and well, let's say it's not exactly in the safest part of the city. Well, it borders with it at least, which got me doulbe thinking about how much I wanted my life over a cheap as chips bike. As the clock was ticking by, I got more and more restless, contemplating how bored I've been over the past few days. And so, I stopped my arguing with myself and went against my gut instinct. I walked over there, and biked out after about 3 hours work on a bike that was pretty much intact, but not in the condition I wanted it in. So, ended up taking off all of the shifting gear, fixing the handle bars, shortening the chain, cleaning and regreased the bottom bracket.

Now, I didn't get everything done to it I wanted (switch handle bars, brakes, getting the right gears). So what did I end up with? An awesome single speed bike that is more or less a death trap until I get it all fixed up to its greater potential glory.

Photos coming soon.

No comments: