Sunday, January 4, 2009

Unleash the Nugget

What do you get when someone has stayed up for the past 36 hours? A very tired Chris.

Yup, that's how long I've been awake. Long story short, I went out last night, partied, and then haven't been to bed (I didn't continue drinking though). I had to go through the whole process of sobering up slowly. Real slowly. And then feeling the hangover creep over me, which wasn't the best time of my life must I add.

Today was somewhat eventful: climbed Mt. Wellington here in Hobart, found an abandoned building which my host would really like to break into an scope out (one of his hobbies), watched Rambo IV and laughed my ass off, had a very tasty sandwich, and now uploading some photos to both FB and Picasa.

I'm too tired to continue writing. Here's a run down of my New Year. I was sitting on a couch (wasn't too keen on drinking at the time), by myself in the flat I'm staying at, and then one of my hosts friends came over and we had a beer together - yay. Nothing exciting at all. Didn't feel calm, chill or anything. Kind of a downer, but nothing to harsh. Yeah, blah. I'm going to depart now with you having a gander at my photos.

Enjoy and have better NEW YEAR than the one that past! Ciao.

Aussie Vocab 101
Bogan - White trailer trash
Thongs - jandels/flip-flops
Scooner - measurement of beer in Sydney
Pot - measurement of beer in Melbourne
Tenner - measurement of beer in Hobart
Doof - Rave
Tactical chunder - throwing up to be able to keep on drinking (I haven't done this, nor will I)
Ocker - hardcore, true blue Aussie
Loose - really messed up on drinks
Off my chops - *same as above*

No comments: