Saturday, January 31, 2009

Living Hell

Dante, your Inferno is nothing compared to that of Ouse. Ollie's Inferno, coming to book stores soon (having a fire extinguisher while reading is recommended). It hit about 45 degrees the other day - oh, sorry, that was in Centigrade. We think that the next day it hit about 50, but we didn't have a thermometer on us. However, for the day it was 45, during the evening, we all got cold and had to put our jumpers on because it was only 25 degrees centigrade. Good stuff.

I've moved to a different campsite, further along the river so I don't hear the bloody bird scare-ers and I'm close to the 'beach'. But mainly cause my tarp which I had put over my tent got ripped to shreds from a pretty hardcore wind, AND because I was getting quite a bit of dirt into my tent even from mild winds (flew in via the netting - uninvited).

And speaking of the orchard, I've heard rumours of that I'll be able to stay behind and work on the farm if I want, but I'm going to try to get that verfied (it'll be another skill of mine - mint). Until then, I'm just cruising around the orchard on my AirConditioned tractor grooving to my music while I watch other people work their asses off. However, my debate for all of that is that if they tip one lug (a box that the pickers have strapped to them to collect the cherries) the farmer won't lose as much money if I tipped over a whole bin (box which hold 36 lugs). I aslo have to do other random jobs he comes up with, which is always good. Keeps me thinking of solution for problems on the farm.

Other news, I was extra nice to myself: I finally bought the D90! I bought a kit, it came with the new Nikon 18-105mm VR lens, D90 body, and a 16GB card. Awesomeness! And at first I was using the camera minus the battery to let it charge and everything was grainy. I was getting pretty annoyed, thinking that I got a lemon (bad batch) of somesort, like usual. Though, once I put the battery in, it became crystal clear, and I was smiling from ear to ear xD <- This is a face. And after browsing through the menus, I my brain almost exploded by it's vastness. I've only scratched the surface of it's potential, but DAMN!!! I'm going to have a blast learning this new piece of pure beauty! Now I just need a computer that I can edit the photos in.

Just finished a pretty good book I can recommend to you guys called Stark by Ben Elton, funny book about the demise of our world as we know it. More or less.

Bah, it's 02.12 now, going to go to bed now, have to wake up in 3 hours..whoop whoop!

PHOTOS

GOOD MUSIC

No comments: