Monday, October 6, 2008

Play - Rewind - Repeat

Another week has started here for me here in Wellington, and this morning was a real b**ch. Why you ask? My phone, in it's infinite wisdom, decided to change it's time by one hour forward. Having made this Supreme Decision, it ended up my alarm clock going off an hour earlier than intended. What a great start to my day - Yay. I got up no being any the wiser until I crawled into the kitchen where we have another watch, and it was an hour behind - I check my watch, same as the wall. DAMN! I eat some breakfast, and then stumble my way back into bed to get an extra 30 minutes rest.

I'm completely destroyed from yesterday. I went to the local swimming pool to get some excerise with some people from the hostel (felt grrrreat), did some laps and then bumped in CE from Budapest. I met him when I was in Tutukaka, and now I'm going to try to get some DiveMaster work done here. I wouldn't get paid, but it's good for experience. I should of done this a long time ago, but better late than never, eh?

And then people at the hostel were being, how to be PC about this? Demanding? They were just being normal people, and I just had to do my job. I just had to do it a bit more this time around. But what really f**ked me off was when two customers came to me complaining about their beds, they said that their beds weren't made and that someone had been sleeping in it. I've encountered this once, so I go to investigate. I get into the room, identify their two beds without asking them, and then the couple what the problem was. They then start to say that the beds didn't look like that when there were last there. After having made a few beds in different hostels, you quickly learn what a used bed looks like and also how the sheets feel like. Someone had sat in their bed and disturbed the "tightness" of a fresh sheet, therefore, it was dirty. I didn't have the energy to argue with them, so I just changed ALL of the sheets, duve covers, etc for them. I hope people in the room were loud and snored all night. And then another person came to me when I had clearly stopped working and shut down the office to get a wash token (I was sitting 1 meter away from the office door with the key on me, but it's a matter of principal), I told him that I was off the clock, but since I've known him for a while now, and it was his last night before his big journey I said uncle and got him a token.

Bah. Yeah. I need to get some sort of adrenaline based sport going again so I get some of this energy out. If only paintball was a bit bigger here, then I'd have a good outlet for my energy. Damn.
________________

I watched an awesome movie the other night, it was called The Mist. Holy hell man. The ending to that movie was absolutely brilliant. The movie itself was pretty good, but the ending - daaaamn. I would hate to be put into that situation. Not cool, not cool at all. Watch it.

Currently reading a book by one of my idols: Henry Rollins called Get in the Van, which is his diary printed from when he was with his band Black Flag, from 1981 to '86. Intense stuff.

Aight, gonna bounce. Speak to you soon.

Oh, mega keen on getting the new Nikon D90. I would most likely buy it in Oz if I have a lump of cash loaded away. It's a wicked camera (first DSLR to record movies) :D

No comments: