Thursday, October 2, 2008

Oz ho!!!

I've applied for my Working-Holiday Visa for Australia now, it set me back 195 AUD, but well worth it.

And so, my journey shall continue in almost a month, and boy am I nervous. You would think that I've gotten used to this whole traveling thing, but Wellington has become my home, I've built a little niche here and now I'm going to be leaving it :( This is the same feeling I had when I left Sweden and when I left Dunedin to go up to Mt. Cook. I couldn't stand the thought having to leave my stuff amongst strangers, it's so annoying. You don't know if they're trust worthy or what not (yes I know, they're thinking the exact same thing about me). But it's all part of the deal, no isn't it.

The past week, I've had a mega cruisey time at work. The longest I've worked until has been 15, and then I got to go home at 13 today. But here's the best part, I get paid until 17.00 or whenever as long as I get my 8 hours. My boss doesn't care, she's a really laid back person. And another one of the people there has invited me out to a house that she works at on an island in the middle of the harbour, so I'm going to try and jump out there some how when she's around. Apparently it's a whole group of people and I'll be able to get some free lodging and kai (Māori for food). It'd be good fun if I could get out there, and she mentioned something about a hangi too! This is when they prepare the food underground. I ate some of this at the Māori village in Rotorua, but I want to watch them make it from start to finish. Learn a thing or two before I leave. She was pretty surprised that I had eaten so many local dishes and thought I was almost a Bro (here in NZ, Māori's call each other Bro or Cuz most of the time - but not everyone does it). I thought that was a pretty funny comment.

Oh, and I received two packages today! One from Mom with my DM card, and another from a guy I met in Paihia, Mr. Eastwood (alias) and in it was a book about Henry Rollins, CD2 from his Think Tank album, along with The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson. Today was a small Christmas for me :D

Alright happy people, I must depart! I shall speak to you soon!

No comments: