Sunday, September 7, 2008

Viva con su corazon.

Or something like that.

Hi all, I'm currently at the hostel writing this, and all is peachy.

I don't really know what to write to all of you. I guess I'll just try and splurge my thoughts into this post.

For a while now I've been thinking a lot about this whole traveling business, and it's fucking awesome, hands down. But there are some mega set backs, set backs I'm willing to accept, because I don't really have any other choices.

What am I talking about you ask, well, it concerns all of you back home. No, please don't take this in a negative manner, i don't see how you could unless I completely screw up in expressing myself. Here goes.

As it looks right now, I'm going to be gone for quite some time. There is a good chance I'll be back in August for Herk and Big-E's wedding (Mega Kudos). And I don't think I could stay any longer than a month before I would have to turn around and continue my travels (unless something else came around and needed my direct attention/presence). But just saying that, I think I'll be gone for almost 3 years or longer, I don't know, I have no plans, only dreams/ideas (I'm living my dream at the moment, so now it's more of a question if I want to continue it or wake up and face the real world). And so I put myself in the position of arriving back home and seeing how things have changed and how you, my friends have changed. Those who are my friends, are my friends, and when we meet again, it's not going to be any different than from the day I left on this crazy adventure. I know this. But at the same time, I wonder if it's going to be like meeting a new group of people and then they would be talking about things you don't have freakin' clue of what to comment on. Like, for some of you, I'm a mutual friend to one of your friends (eg. Sebbe, Chris, Liv, Annika, etc), and so there would be 3+ years that I would of "missed" out on. But I won't be able to do that. Because all the things I'm experiencing here will be with people I will only be able to meet every few years, or via Facebook, or never again.

This is a pretty trippy post. I don't know what got me to write about this, but it's just something that's been on my mind and I felt it to be pretty good for you guys to read/think about.

Please don't start thinking that I'm getting depressed, because I'm anything but. I'm surrounded by great people who are always willing to listen to any problems I have or deep thoughts that I have and are just too crazy not to let go.

On the brighter side, here's a list of media to get into:

Surrender by Billy Talent (song)
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. by Fall of Troy (song)
Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres (book)
Brothers on a Hotel Bed by Death Cab for Cutie (song)
The Foutain (movie)
Get Fighted by Alexisonfire (song)
Horton Hears A Who (movie, pay attention to fluffy yellow thing, best character ever)
Jpod by Douglas Coupland (book, already mentioned a while back, but must be mentioned again)
Chaos by Mute Math (song)
The Otherside of the Crash/Over and Out (of Control) by Thursday (song)
The Lovesong Writer by Thursday (song)
Sleeping Sickness by City and Colour (song)
Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Rose Royce cover) by City and Colour (song)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...I feel ya!
Totally understand you and you know we'll be here whenever you decide to come back, and if you don't,well, just gonna have to track u down n come hang out with you again! ^^

Unknown said...

Yo my man!
I think the same about you. Are you still the same ninja-chris or have you turned into some freaky maori-chris?

You are probably the one who has changed most of all after your trip.

Stay brutal!
/Mike the family man.