Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Days

Great news people on the other side of the world! I'm going to be able to start saving some serious money now! I've scored a job at the hostel to work at the reception in the evenings for free accommodation and free laundry. So I would be working for only 3-4 days a week, about 5 hour shifts, making it a total of about 15-20 hours a week. It changes every other week, so that'll allow me to save up about 4500SEK in 6 weeks. Repeat after me: Freakin' Awesome! Also, that will prohibit me from drinking on my shifts, so that will allow me to save up even MORE money. This is all working out to my favor, so far at least. I just have to make sure that the temp agencies have work for me all the time, so I don't have down times or anything like that.

As some of you know too, I've been sick for the past couple of days. I was struck with the flu, I think. I had an aching body, and I just felt like complete crap. But now I'm back to about 95% of my original health, sweet! Other than that, my health is pretty good. I wish I could get some food that I could easily get back home, like salmon and burgel. They don't have burgel here! It pisses me off so freakin' much, it's border line insanity! And cheap fish is almost impossible to find too, so lame.

I was out on a small field trip during the weekend out to Island Bay which is in the very south of Wellington, and it was an amazing day, got some decent shots with my trusty D40, so I'll try and post those ASAP.

In the mean time, you'll just have to be content with this miniature update, I'll try and do something a bit more productive in the weekend. I have a feeling I'll be living in front of a computer most of Saturday burning a girls iPod on DVD's (mine is full, but I think I'll upgrade when I have the money to, so in Oz most likely, we'll see).

Ok my peeps and blog followers, I'll write for you later!

No comments: