Monday, September 22, 2008

Sthcore Beavis!!!

I started my new assignment today, and all I have to say is: Hells Yeah!

I have my own office, sweet computer, simple as pie job, and a view over the harbor. I'm going to take my camera with me, so I can take a photo of it and show you.

So what do I do you ask? Well, the uni lost heaps of info from their server for a survey they did over their teachers, and now I just have to call the teacher, ask them how many students they had in the term, and how long it took them to teach that class. I then start a new batch using those two pieces of info, and then punch in each students review into the computer. A review is a piece of paper where the student checked a box saying if they were Happy, Unsatisfied, etc. with the teachers result. On average, 9 boxes per paper. So, I just create a new form, and fill it all in manually. Piece of piss. I have internet access, no stress on getting all the info in, very flexible working hours, 7 minute walk there (4-5 minute walk back home cause it's downhill). All for 17 NZD/hr. I think about people who are working in a restaurant or something similar, really working hard, for maybe only 12NZD. I love being able to type. WOOHOO!

Ok, guys, gonna head off now, just wanted to write this little update for you. Life is great, and I'm looking forward to watching Wall-E by Pixar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I saw Walle-E today. I thought it was a waste of time and money. I just thought it was liberal propoganda in the form of an animated Disney movie, to be honest.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that sounded a bit too conspiracy theorist.