Thursday, November 1, 2007

Where would I be?

I've moved out of my apartment now, finally. It was a lengthy stressful experience. I have to give a lot of thanks to DJ CBC, Pops, and Jimmay for the all the support that they provided. Especially Pops for helping me and putting up with my crap, and allowing me to put my stuff in his storage unit. Thanks again guys!

Feels weird now that I'm homeless. I know that I'm not really homeless. I can always crash at my friends/family until I find something of my own, but still, very weird. And also being unemployed by choice. What do I mean by that you ask? Well, I resigned from my job willingly. I didn't get fired, I resigned. My job there wasn't at all bad, it had it's down sides, but every job does, that's why it's called a job. If there were bad sides to a job, then it would be called super-happy-time-event, or something like that :P But it felt like I had graduated again when I left there. I had the biggest smile on my face when I had walked through the door, I was super all the way home again. My collegues got me some flowers, two cakes, a nice card that they had all signed and laminated (a picture from Google Earth), and some New Zealand Dollars (NZD) for when I arrive. Very nice of them!

I can't believe it, it's only 5 days left until I leave! OMG! And I've also got a place to crash the first couple of nights, which is great. I'm going to be sleeping on someone's couch/bed that they've announced on the internet about (check out the Couch Surfers link for more info), so that's going to be a new experience. I'm sure it'll go smoothly. Usually does.

Oh, and speaking of sleeping! Uh...no wait, I meant, uh...nevermind, just check this out:
Visa större karta

This is a satellite photo of Tutukaka. This is where I'm going to be the first two months, isn't it beautiful?! It's small village, it's perfect! From the birds eye view at least. But it'll be a nice change from the whole big city life style. This place looks like I can really kick my feet up and just relax. The surrounding country side looks very hiker friendly which is even better for me. I'm sure I'll be a bit restless at times, so it'll be good for me to walk around a bit. Awe, I can hardly wait! I think I'll be crying a bit at times becuase everything is so amazing down there. We'll see though, now won't we.

Anyway, I've got to find some breakfast (Jimmay is pretty bad when it comes to having food at home.) So toodles, and until next time!

No comments: