Sunday, November 11, 2007

Beautiful Days...

The past two days have been absolutely amazing to say the least. Nothing spectacular has happened, it's just that they've been so chill.

Yesterday, we went to a beach pretty far off called Muriwai Bay which was just amazing. The beach is probably the longest one I've ever been on, and it was really wide too. Black sand, making it nice and toasty to walk on, and then a nice wind to keep you a bit cool, and the water was ice cold. Sure there were people bathing, but the viking inside me was on holiday (lying on the beach) and couldn't be bothered to take a dip.

It had a cliff which had excellent vistas, where you could see the local bird life and they would just soar right in front of you, giving you some excellent photo oppurtunities.


This is one of the views availalbe...horrible, I know.

On our way home we stopped for some fresh fruit ice cream. All it is is some vanilla ice cream with fresh berries mixed into it, super delicious!

Towards the evening, I was invited to a BBQ by a fellow CouchSurfer that I've gotten to know, Greg, which was on the other side of town. Three of us jumped into The Miracle (I think I'll call it TM from now on) and we hauled ass to a new adventure. Upon arrival we were greeted by a bunch of friendly Kiwi's heating up the BBQ, getting ready for some serious grilling, which got my heart racing! As some of you may remember, I've gotten a large appreciatation for food recently. There was a sallad, grilled sweet potatoe, and a bunch of meat! It was great night, took some amazing photos using Gregs D40, involving me and him along with assistance from my Nokia Flashlight. Going to try to post those later on, need to get a hold of them first. During the night, I collapsed on the couch (read: power nap) while Greg was playing a guitar, that he had gotten a hold of, the entire night. It was perfect. Ends up with us leaving at around 03.00 in the morning and going to bed at around 04.30

Following day (we woke up between 11 and 12), we, the same people that went to the party the other night, got to a beach close by to enjoy the sun a bit more and have a small picnick at the same time. After doing so old skool cruising in TM, we found a parking space, and bought ourselves some burgers from a big burger chain here in NZ that would put McDonalds, BK, and even MAX to shame: Burger Fuel!


Visa större karta

Their burgers were just amazing, what can I say, a bit dear (Kiwi English for expensive) I must admit, but well worth it!
Here's Jen and Greg, my current partners in crime.

And here's Greg after our burgers from Burger Fuel


To the right of Greg's knee, you can see an active volcanoe (Rangitito) in the middle of Auckland's harbour that can be reached by a ferry.

On our way back, I took a wrong turn and ended up driving down town, and coincidently ended up where I bought my car, where coincidently my favourite bakery was located: Dunkin' Donuts! Oh, yeah...sweet memories of that :)

Ok guys, it's pretty late for me now, I'm going to crash, talk to you later! Have good one, and don't forget to write!

No comments: