Friday, August 31, 2007

Update

So I've finally ordered my backpack, which will arrive towards the end of September, and I've now acquired myself a tent (thanks Gets for picking it up). Going to pitch it up in my apartment (why not?) to see how it looks like and see how easy it is. What I bought was The North Face Tadpole 23 which has gotten pretty good reviews, and is pretty roomy. It's supposed to be a 2 man tent, but just about everyone says it's perfect for 1 man. And since I'm going solo, it's perfect, but just in case someone needs some...warm lodging (wink wink), then there should be enough space for that person(s). I promise, I'm a good boy.

And now I'm really sure about getting a car. It seems inevitable in the long run. And now there's a beach I want to check out too that a sales rep told me about. Piha beach close to Auckland. Apparently it's a good place to camp too, so who knows, I might try camping by the beach there for a night or two.

I've also gotten a hold of my old math teacher from Mexico: Mr. Pulley (aka. Sir). Something I was thinking about, I don't know if I could ever call him by his first name. Really! He doesn't have a first name, he's Sir. Simple as that. I digress though! He's married a Kiwi (not the bird nor fruit)! And she's a nurse! This is must be a sign that I am on the right path (have to thank PPH for setting me on it). So if I'm lucky, he'll be coming down during the time that I'm there and visit his parents in law. How cool wouldn't that be?! Also going to try to meet some people I know in Australia, but we'll see what happens with that too. A lot of things can happen while I'm over there, but just take it as it comes, it's been working out so far! :-D


Here's a picture I found of Piha Beach. I'll be posting my own pictures up, don't worry.
















Yes, I know. I suck.

o.0

No comments: