Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seclusion

This is getting weird. Or I don't know, maybe just getting annoying.


"Where you from?"

"Germany."

"Oh...how about you?"

"France."

"Ooooh...." He gets back in his car and drives off.


I can walk through the parking lot where I hang out sometimes, and just hear French or German. They clutter together, and just stay that way. Oh, and they complain that there's so many of them.


Funny, eh?


No, don't get me wrong, I like both nations, and the people that come from them, but damn it. Usually, when they try to stick to english, it only lasts about for 5 minutes, and they switch to their native language amongst themselves. And wonder why their english doesn't improve as it could. Food for thought.


Tonight, when I rocked up to my usual showering area, the parking lot was chocka block full of vans and backpackers. I get out, and I was surrounded by Germans. My response. Take a shower, and hauled ass out of there to my Fortress of Solitude (read: picnic area by East Point Reserve).


On a lighter note, the detention centre gig is going well. I'm learning Indonesian as I work, and here's some:


Nashi – rise

Kotta – box

Pirring – plate

Sabi – meet

Iam – chicken

Sousou - milk

Terra makasi – thank you

Tirul (I think) – egg

Kuggi – squid

Ikan – fish


I made a movie which is on YouTube and hope you enjoy it, because it was fun making it. Just too bad I didn't have a enough footage for a really good movie.

No comments: