Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kerr splat!

Work has been interesting, I don't know if it has reached all the way to Sweden or else where in the world, but where I work, there was a riot. I can't talk about it, due to a NDA I signed. Lame. However, you can read about it here. Good news is that I'm okay, nothing bad happened, I didn't even witness it. Non of the kitchen staff did. And that's all I'm going to write about that.

Oh, I'm making some serious bank with this gig. Already a bit bored of the job, but like I said before, the people make it for me. And so far, I've been getting more and more hours. Example: week 1: 48.5; week 2: 56.5; this week I'll end up having done 60 hours! W00t!

A friend of mine has now left Darwin which was a bit of a bummer, but you know, nothing new about that.

Also, I found out a way to keep myself cool while I'm sleeping. Sleeping with the doors open isn't really an option for me, I had to come up with an alternative.

Here's how I was thinking, use the rear vent on the car as a source of fresh air. What's a good powerful fan, and small? Computer fans! Ok, where do I get one cheap, or free? Internet cafe! I get an old PSU (power supply unit) and strip it, and realize that there's a powere switch inside of it as well! Score! Use the wire sticking out of it too, and then hooked it all up to my second battery. At first, I was using blue tac to keep on the vent, but it made some serious noise by it's vibrations. So, it had to hang, and be loose, and absorb the vibrations. Rubber bands! It's now hanging down, suspended by the rubber bands, sucking in good air for me. It's great! I actually need the covers now, because it cools me down that much. Next upgrade, install a fan speed regulator, so I can make it a bit more quiet and energy efficient.

As some of you may of figured out, there was something going on between Amy and me. And I apologize if I didn't tell you about it, I just didn't want to be bombarded with the usual questions, so I kept a bit hush hush. She left for Brisi on the 25th of August, and it's been a weird period without her around. However, the old skool me has been popping back out and executed the standard mental protocols of ending the emotional tie. I've been asking myself how long do I want to keep this...skill? Talent? Whatever you call it, I know I can do it extremely well, and very quickly. Hmm...

I think I actually wrote something about that before, oh well. I'm pretty tired, sitting at the Golden Arches waiting for the battery of my laptop to finish charging. Ok, laters!

No comments: