Friday, April 9, 2010

All Choked Up

I've cried in my life a few times. Mainly at things that really affect me, not so much movies. Until the other night.



It was a movie called Marley and Me. It was about a guy buying a dog for his wife and how they get along with it, pains, etc. I can't relate to everything in the movie, but the dog was a labradore. Probably only my direct family can see where this is going, but I'll continue anyway.



I had a dog once, his name was Charley and he was a lab (a mix though), too. We had to put him down. Charley - Marley, they rhyme. I was really holding back the tears, bad. It even got me thinking of the other people (and animals) that have left my life, that were part of my life for a long time. Death isn't cool. I know it's natural, I'm not going to say I wish for immortal life. I just wish there was some way of making death a beautiful thing, a cheerful thing. Yeah, I know they celebrate it the southern regions of the United States, but in general, it's a time of mourning and grief. It truely sucks.

______________________________________



Found another travel partner who's going to follow me up to the Flinders Ranges at least. If she comes with me to Perth, we'll see.



I'm going to do a hike in the mountains, and it's definitely going to be a adventure. I'm going to plunge into the Edeowie Gorge. Here it is:


View Larger Map

Nervous? A little bit. I'm going to register with a ranger before we head out, but we should be okay.

I'm more nervous about my new travel partner. She's done a few day hikes, so this is going to be a bit of challenge for her. I've been told by to experienced people that's an easy hike. But they were experienced, soooo...yeah. I'm not worried (and neither should you dad).

Oh, some other fun and exciting news! 3 companies have showed interest in hiring me. One called me today about a job working as a super intendent in diamond mine. Pretty freaking awesome, eh? Hopefully it's FIFO (Fly In, Fly Out) which means big bucks! Or so I've been told.

But nothing is for sure. We'll see sometime next week I guess.

Tonight, I go to a BBQ of the friends for my travel partner. I met most of her friends yesterday, and they invited me, so I guess that's a good sign, eh? People like-ed me, cooz i beas sp3ciAL.

Ok guys, I'll see ya when I see ye, and you'll read me when I write something :P

Toodles Poodles!

No comments: