Friday, August 21, 2009

Dreams Coming True

Before I arrived to Sweden, there were certain things I wanted to do: go to Vinterviken on a sunny day, go out with the boat early as in the morning, meet all my friends, etc.

The other day me and some friends went to Vinterviken after work, and it was, for the lack of a better word, perfect.

I was pretty reluctant to go at first, because I was just so exhausted from my lack of sleep. However, I knew I would regret it if I didn't go, so I went.

We had some wine, listened to some music, took a small dip in the water, and watched the sunset. And something really beautiful that I haven't really noticed before regarding sunsets, water, and the sky. What is that you ask? It's the reflection of the sky on the water. It made the whole surface of the water blue, sky blue. And then with the sunsetting in front of us, it was all just so magical. I was hardly talking to anyone, just staring out over the water, completely captivated by the sight. Did I have my camera with me? Of course I didn't! Jimmy had his though, but after taking a few shots, I realized that you need some sort of filter for when you shot straight against the sun. I think I know which one to get, but not a 100% sure.

Also, pretty keen on getting a 50mm prime lens. There's a few for sale at the moment for decent prices. Hopefully I'll have one for my trip back, and will also try to get my dad's SB-600 flash to work as a slave flash. Then you'll be able to get some really sweet effects.

Ok, I'm outtie! See'ya guys!

No comments: