Monday, June 15, 2009

That's The Bassline

Howdy doody y'all!

Life in the Big Smog (aka Sydney) continues. People are coming and going all the time, and recently three friends have just left, all heading north (although, sadly, not together) to the heat, which is understandable. Right now, at this very second, I'm pretty cold, and at night, it's worse. So much worse. The concept of insulation and double glazed glass eludes every single Australian architect, and most importantly, housing complexes. Maybe the more recent building have it, like 1-2 years old, and if not, the foreman should be shot. And because of a recent stupid descision, I now really feel the cold.

For the summer I was shaving my head for the heat, and now I decided to grow it out for my brothers wedding, and also for the winter. And since I'm trying to save money, I went for the cheapest alternative, and hopefully most interesting. Which it was. I was told of a student salon where the students work (read: practice) on clients. Only for 7 AUD and a small signature on a waiver. The student was doing ok, you could tell he needed some more practice, but when he was all done the front and sides didn't look all that. If I gave it week, it would of been perfect. So, I asked to see the back. Holy sweet me. Take a trimmer, put on the number two guard, and then take off all the hair on the back of your head. That's what he did. I told him to take it all off. I get back home and see that there's a small strand of hair sticking off the top of my head. Typical. I whip out my own trimmers and have a go at it. What do I get? A nice square empty patch on my head. Sah-weet. I had the wrong guard on. So, I take off the rest, down to a number one. And now. I. Am. Freaking. Freezing. At. Night.

To stay warm now, I crawl litterally under my blankets, and make a small hole for my mouth. However, when I got back home from a party, my flatmate had been nice enough to put the heater in my room (and turned on) so my room was nice and toasty when I crawled into bed. Good ending to a great night.

Not to sure if I mentioned this before, but I have a second J.O.B now at another pizzeria just down the road form me. It gives me more money, and we'll leave it at that.

What's happening next, no clue. We'll see. And now you can see the photos I took from the party here.

No comments: