Thursday, May 14, 2009

Forever Enduring A Revolution = F.E.A.R

Or something like that.

Well, my worst nightmare almost came true: losing my music on my iPod. My flat mate doesn't want iTunes on his computer for some unknown reason to me, and he wanted me to use another program called Anapod, which seems a bit better when it comes to features. Well, it sounded good at the time. After trying I've bitching about him installing it for the past...month now, I reckon, he finally installed it. We connected my iPod, and it didn't want to Synch up with it, or better said, didn't want to communicate with it. Fair enough, he just rips it out of the computer regardless, and thinks no more of it. Now, I tried this later on as well, and then he rips it out a 2nd time when he needed to connect his microphone for a Skype call. Anyway, I'm not sure where and when it happened, if it was him or the program. Either way, I didn't listen to my iPod for the whole day, and when I was going to bed it gave me a beautiful message of No Music when I tried to play a song. I was about to explode with a huge scream. And some of you know that if I scream, I can scream pretty loud and scary like, so I refraind from doing so. Quickly walk over to my flat mate and ask him if the program ever said anything about synching and overwritting my music "no, it didn't why?" "Because I just lost all of my f***ing music!"

At this point in time, I wanted to throw my iPod as hard as I could against the wall, and I was very close to doing so. But I then quickly calmed down, reminded myself that the iPod uses a normal hard-drive in it, so I would be able to recover something from it - hopefully. I knick my flatmates laptop and start finding every program out there designed to recover music from an iPod. I found one, and I needed to find a crack for it, no such luck. I then read another document which refered to just copying all the music from the iPod to the computer by going into the subdirectories. Me thinking that it had formatted my iPod thought it was doubtful it would work, but had to be tried. Everything must be tried! Low and behold, all my music was there! I copy all of it the laptop, and without telling my flatmate (something I wouldn't do under normal circumstances), I installed iTunes without telling him because I just couldn't be fucked to argue with him about it. Get all my music back, but I lost all the ratings and playlists. Bit of a drag, but much rather those than all of the music.

Also, got my RSA today, which will allow me to serve alcohol her in New South Whales (and in no other state or territory).

As some of you may know by now, I'm part of a community known as CouchSurfing (well worth checking out) and became good friends with someone in NZ via this. Anyway, she has been updating my rating on this webpage, and I found it pretty funny how it has progressed.

"Chris was great fun to hang out with and willing to join in the moment
with anything. Was very clean, did the dishes more than once. And even
left us some stuff he didn't want anymore which is always helpful. Can't
wait for him to come and stay again."

"Chris was great fun to hang out with and willing to join in the moment
with anything. Was very clean, did the dishes more than once. And even
left us some stuff he didn't want anymore which is always helpful. Can't
wait for him to come and stay again.

And huzzah he did come again. And more good times were had. Honestly he is
more a kindred spirit than friend. Someone who relates to my desires to
travel and meet people. One awesome bloke."

" thought I had better go back and give this wonderful man the ref he
deserves (and keep it more up to date).

Chris stayed at my place in Dunedin on several occasions, but it was never
enough. We loved having him around so much we asked him to move in, but
sadly the big smoke drew him away.

Chris is an exceptional person, kind, caring, outgoing and most of all SO
MUCH FUN!! I truly miss his company, and the times we shared in both
Dunedin and when we caught up in Wellington. Our wee day trip to Moeraki
boulders and Trotters gorge was great fun and he is also a wonderful
traveling companion.

He is generous as a surfer and bought milk and beer and best of all
himself. He is tidy and clean. He is reliable and trustworthy.

I cannot say enough good words to describe Chris, you really have to get
to know him when he comes your way, or you will truly miss out on a person
that has become a great friend of mine.

HE IS AWESOME!!!"

No comments: