Thursday, March 5, 2009

Compliments to the heart

My time in TAS is now over and I have some new adventures waiting for me here in Sydney.

I had a pretty good last night in Hobart, and ended up with me not sleeping at all until I got on the flight bus which I had to catch 04.00 in the morning! I was drunk, not totally f-ed up, but I was drunk when the bus arrived. My friend, Chad Kroger look-a-like was there to see me off, and before I had left, he gave me a pretty nice compliment. He said he saw me as a local. That really felt good to hear. Gave him a big hug and left him to his own devices.

Later at the airport, I covered my backpack with an animal body bag that I had bought at a veterinary (which was big enough to hold a rot whiler they claimed). And then, the first time in my entire life, I had to weigh my carry on bag. It was too big and too heavy. Damn! So I stepped aside, and just started placing things all over my body instead, and removed some of the pockets from my backpack. Then I heard on the radio from one of the clerks that the police were keeping an eye on me. If you saw me, you would understand. I had military grade pockets hanging off my belt like they would be holding grenades or clips for a gun. And they fact that my backpack is Blackhawk didn't help the matter either. But when I walked by I over heard them realizing that I had just removed the pockets to make it comply with the airline standards. Once I got past the security check point, I put it all back into my bag. Dumb ass. WHAT DO YOU THINK I WAS GOING TO DO?! The guy was just doing his job, but being a douche at the same time.

Anyway, got to the hostel, scored some free breakfast and sleep the afternoon away.

Tomorrow I'm going out to a CouchSurfing meeting and meeting my old Swedish tutors daughter from Mexico here in Sydney. Random. Very small world. Oh! Really random. The older couple in front of the check-in line saw my backpack and asked if I had done any hikes in TAS, and then we got to talking and they had been at a wedding which was held next to the cherry orchard I was working at in Ouse(and we heard the music all night). Very random. Very small world guys. A lot smaller than you actually realize!

Ok, need to have a small feed. Think I need some more sleep. And speaking of sleep, the hostel I'm at is in a primo location. Close to the water, and reminds me of Hamarby Sjรถstad, but Aussie.

Ok guys, talk to you later yeah.

Spiderbait - Black Betty

No comments: