Monday, November 10, 2008

Quite the walk...and more to come \m/

So, been keeping myself pretty busy the past few days.

Yesterday, went to the Newtown Festival, which was pretty mean! It was it's 30th anniversary, and there was a mere gold coin donation required (read: entrance fee). Music was pretty sweet, and there was a lot of stalls there too. Before I had left, my brain was screaming to take out some cash for food, but I screamed back that if I ever got hungry, I'd go out and get some cash out of an ATM. Yeah, great plan Chris. None of the ATMs wanted to accept my Visa, but luckily, I had $4.20 and Hare Krsna had some vege nuggets for 4 bucks! I had a return ticket back into town, so I was set. Also, at the Festival, I met a CS host who was pretty cool. A girl from England whose set her heart on staying here by the sounds of it (not an uncommon thing to be hear over here :S).

And then I was a new web page I was told before I left called gumtree.com which is a site where you look for ride shares going around the country, and there I found a great travel opportunity! A Dutch guy was looking for some people to join him a road trip to the outback in his 4x4, and when I read this, I saw it as a sign, and contacted him straight away. We made a date and met up today out at Bondi Beach (to which I walked, and taking a detour through Centennial Park; 10-15km). He's a pretty sound guy, and I look forward to taking this road trip with him. He's a 32 year old unemployed engineer for disabled people equipment (like wheelchairs, winches, etc) who is trying to move here to Oz. He's done quite a bit of off-road driving, so hopefully I'll learn a thing or two from him during the trip. I finally asked him how long he guessed we would be gone for, and the answer I got was pretty surprising: 2 weeks! He said we'd be heading in the Canberra and then check out the surrounding area. I'm already wetting myself from excitement just thinking about it.

Also, my old friend from Mexico called me up today, and said I could come and crash at his parents place for a while over at Manly Beach. I'm going to try and meet up with him to see if we gel, and if it all works out, I'm definitely going. The hostel sign says no refunds, but I'm going to talk to them and if they still say no, I still might leave just to get to stay in house for a while. Apparently it's right on the beach, which is...how do I say this...F-ING AWESOME! But not hoping for anything at the moment. First step, meet him, and see what kind of character he's become, then I'll decide.

Here are some new photos to enjoy in the mean time. And Family Man has given me an assignment. He digs my photos, but feels that I need to stop putting my object in the center, start taking different angles, closer (real close), and try to compose my photos differently. Going to try this out, see if I can't get any better photos. This is exactly why I need to go into some sort of club when I settle down and learn some more about photography.

Ciao my friends!

PS. Love the people here, they're so friendly. A guy almost gave me cash for the bus cause he thought I didn't have enough. In Sweden, they would of thought, bummer for you bro, and then just gone about their business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" In Sweden, they would of thought, bummer for you bro, and then just gone about their business."

Hahahaaa, awww, that's cute, but you've been away far too long, you're starting to forget, lemme remind u...

In Sweden, they would've thought "eeewww, homeless guy" and avoided eyecontact as they slither passed you.