Thursday, September 13, 2007

How am I going to do this?

I can't really decide how I'm going to do this whole trip. Since I'm going to be there during the summer, I'm wondering if I shouldn't do my DM, the head straight down to the South Island and then work my way up from there. You may be wondering: why would you want to do that Chris? The reasoning for that is I've heard/read a lot that South Island is a bit colder than North Island.

So, if I were to get to South Island at the start of January, then it would be warmer (theoretically) and a bit more pleasant. However, it would be the main tourist season :S Very bad. I'm the kind of person who likes to blend into the crowd and just hang out. I don't really like being around a bunch of tourist families and what not. It can get pretty annoying. Yes, I know, I'm going to be a tourist while I'm down there, I know I know. But you know what I mean, riiight? Also, most of the hostels and what not will most likely be fully booked! "Well, plan a head then, Chris, simple as that!" Yeah, but I don't want to have an itinerary. I want to take everything as it comes. I have a feeling that I'll be sleeping a lot of nights in my car or in the tent...hmmm. Interesting times a head is what I hear :)

We'll see who gets a call with me bitching and whining about how I don't have anywhere to stay, hehe. It'll be fun. I'm sure it'll all work itself out. Nothing to worry about.

It's fun to hear people saying that they'll miss me. I've never heard it from my friends before, and they're sincere about it too, which gives it even more feeling to it. Yup, I got some great friends! Oh, speaking of which, one of my friends, CBC (Celibate By Choice), is currently being my "pimp" for the trip. He's working as a waiter and meeting tourists from Australia and NZ, and he's telling them about me going down there and trying to hook me up with some people down there that can, hopefully, if the situation were to ever arise, help me out if I were to get into a sticky situation. I've currently gotten brief contact with one couple the he met there. Not a lot has been said, just "Hi, I'm Chris...cool, bye." But I've also gotten a hold of someone else down there: TB. I saw one of her pictures on Picassa web albums, and I just flipped. I contacted her where she took the photo, and since then we've kept in touch. Pretty cool! She's tipped me on some activities to do, and where to go. She's from the UK and doing what I'll be doing down there. Getting away from the everyday life and just hanging out.

Bah! I want to leave noooow! But there's not a lot of time left. Soon NZ, soon I'll be on your roads, exploring every crevice of your beautiful surface!

Wow, that sounds a bit creepy, no? :S

Meh, you know what I mean!

L8ers guys!

No comments: