Saturday, October 23, 2010

It has come to my attention

What have I done on my trip so far, that's scary?

I have swum with sharks.
I have scaled walls where if I fall, I'll either break something, die, or become a vegetable.
I have consciously walked past the resting place of one of Tasmanias deadliest snakes on a daily basis.
I have driven a 4x4 car in some dodgey areas.
I have hitch hiked, and been picked up by ex-gang members.
I have bungy jumped 135m.
I have walked into dense bush where you can only see about 5 meters a head of you.
I have gotten fully grown cows into the pens with no training.

There's probably some more stuff, but you know what, going back home scares me more than all of those. Funny eh?

I've been trying to figure out why, and I have some ideas.

1) Falling into the same rut that got me travelling in the first place.

2) The winter.

3) The dark that goes with the winter.

4) The inability to talk to strangers while being somber and not be considered strange.

5) The lack of snow.

6) Dead trees.

7) No small adventures.

8) Funny Aussie expressions.

9) Aussie/Kiwi happiness (I tried using it when I got back to my old job, and it was rejected like an unwanted baby).


There's some more I reckon. I just don't think I'm designed for Swedish society.

If I don't get into Uni, I've come up with the following ideas:

a) Move up north

b) Move to Örebro or Uppsala for the paintball scene

c) Go to Canada on a WHV

a and b both involve me studying anything extra to help me get into uni

Damn it. It's all just so fucked up.

Hmm...it's all coming to an end soon. I can't believe it. 3 years feels like 3 weeks. Damn-it.

Gah. I'm going to stop writing now. Later.

No comments: