Friday, January 25, 2008

sorry guys

Sorry for the delay guys, I haven't had the ability to use the internet in a while, so going to try to bring you guys up to speed.

Wow, where to begin.

Just the other day I went to check out Cam's patch of land where he's going to start building a house with his parents, and at the same time, they thought it would be a good time to slaughter a sheep. So I got to view another one of those, pretty sloppy this time though, Cam hasn't done it for a while, but he had some supervision of the farmer to guide him along the way. I didn't get involved in this slaughter, but it was still interesting to see. They want me to take part in the next one though. We'll see about that one though, eh?

Two days ago, Cam took me out hunting - for scollops! Ends up me wearing the most simple setup ever: a backpack to hold the tank, and that's it. Something that PADI wouldn't really approve of, but apparently that's the Kiwi Diver way. And if you're wondering about my boyancy, it wasn't a problem. I was perfectly weighted, so I was neutrally bouyant the whole time, which was freaking amazing! I was swimming through the water with no problems what so ever! The viz was pretty bad, like 4 meters, and we lost each other a couple of times, but it worked out and we found our selves a couple of scallops, which turned into a good appetizer for the night. Ended up doing two dives, one 40 minute, and the other about 15 minute, quite memorable.

A couple of days ago, an guy I met in Tuts came up to Paihia to visit, and ended up introducing me to two girls he met at the bar, and I've been hanging out with them just about every single day since I met them. Which has to led to going out just about every night, but not getting absolutely out of control (you guys know it never does with me around :D). However, yesterday was the best of all the days, because we three took a road trip up to Matauri Bay and had a picnic on the beach, and the weather was AMAZING! Not to hot, nice cool breeze coming in from the sea, and some good waves breaking on the shore for some body surfing. So we were on the beach for most of the day, just sun bathing, playing in the ocean. And the Japanese girl was so out of it. When I came to pick them up, she was sleeping on the bench, we got into TM, she crashed in the back seat, when we reached the beach, she got into her swim gear, lay out the towel and crashed, after being in the water, she crashed. She wasn't fully consciencous until we left the beach, 5.30hrs later. Silly girl. And then I took them to Rainbow falls in Kerikeri, which was pretty awesome. I deciede to wade into the falls, so I could look over the edge, and in return I 1) got a cool picture of a rainbow; 2) felt some adrenaline; 3) got my phone wet. It's okay now, but I was pretty worried for a while. Got back to Paihia and ended up taking a nice long power nap after dropping the girls off.

And today I had some breakfast with them, and ended up dropping them off not to far away from the camp site so they could hitch back down south to Warkworth and start working. I sad to see them go :( But but, that's the way the cookie crumbles in my life I've come to realize. But, I'm still in NZ, and I can walk around in shorts and flip flops without freezing :D So I'm pretty happy anyway.

Oh, and I got a job! I'm going to be an On-Site Manager at the Bay Adventurer Hostel. My shitf is from 8pm-8am. I would mainly be checking people in who come in around that time, and I would also be the one walking around, keeping the noise level down, and making sure people aren't making a ruckus or causing problems. In exchange I get free accomodation, free internet, free laundry, and access to all the facilities for free. But I'm going to see if I can't get some cash out of it. I don't have to be awake during that whole time, it's more of like being on stand-by, ready to help whenever needed.


Well, that's mainly it guys, I can't really think of anything else to say except that I miss you, and hope to seeing you guys soon!

Ciao!

PHOTOS!



No comments: