Wednesday, January 16, 2008

location, location, location.

I did it! I'm finally done with my Dive Master course, woo-hoo!!! After some controversy though. Sadly. It was about my payment. What happened was that they said I would have to pay 2000 NZD for my course, and then 490 NZD for the material. Now that was semi-ok, but I still felt that something was wrong. So I went through my emails, and saw that the manager of the store had said that 2000 NZD would cover everything in the course, from the material to the gear to everything basically. So, I talked to the manager about it, and said explained my case, and so she said that I would only have to pay the 2000 NZD. But when my course director came and talked to me about it again, she got pretty pissed (without showing it of course) and just shook my hand and congratulated me. I was thinking about asking for a fun dive that day, but after pulling that 'stunt', I bet I would of have had to pay for it. So, I just thanked everyone, and left onto my next adventure. Which was a real bummer that it turned out that way, but 2000 bucks just for the practical bit, WITHOUT the material is a fair bit of money, so I just had to do what I did. Don't really regret it, but yeah, you know what I'm talking about - hopefully.

Back in Paihia now, hanging out with Cam. Pretty chill, nothing special happening. I went looking for a job yesterday, but no real luck. I could work for a scooter rental company, but it's strictly provisional. Which is pretty lame, so I don't think I'll do go for that. But I'll keep on looking, eh? Don't get me wrong though, I really want to start working as a DM somewhere, but I've heard from several people that DM's aren't really hired here in NZ, and I would get a easier time of getting a job in Asia or Australia.

Went to an open air cinema yesterday which was really cool! The screen was massive, and the quality was great! Oh, going back down to Tutukaka to meet an old friend of mine from Budapest. Or I guess we're acquaintances now, but yeah, you get the picture. So I haven't seen him for like...10 years I guess. Pretty excited about that.

Other than all that, not a whole lot else has been happening that I can think of. Oh, travelling by myself is the best! You get heaps of attention, and free food! Yeah, I'm serious! It's just crazy how many times I've been fed by other travellers who have extra food. And the donations I've receiving so far is pretty sweet! Received food, chili bin (cooler), and gas for stoves. Heaps of stuff! It's great!

Here are some photo's for you guys! See ya later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huge congratulations!
Sure hope you get to enjoy those 490nzd more then the course manager ;)