Tuesday, January 12, 2010

F@#king Bogans

Being back at the farm is great. Just great!

On my first day my boss set me to work, and now the farm has changed a fair bit. We have a fridge, a shed, a proper table, an A/C office, hot showers, 3 toilets and a forklift with cement under it to drive on! W00T!

After working about a week, I finally got the balls to ask my boss how much I was going to be getting paid, because I was afraid of the answer. He then replies that he hadn't work it out yet. Not the greatest of answers for me.

There are another three German girls camping by the river with me and the others, and man are they annoying. Whenever they speak, it sounds like they are complaining. Always asking me to cook for them. I just don't get it. At all. But, all I have to do is hang out with the other people, because they just seem to stick to themselves. You know, to practice their IngriSh and all that. I will not say anything else about them.

My warrior friend from last year and I had dinner up with the boss the other day, and we talked shop, and that's when I got to hear how much I'll be getting paid, and it's more than what I was getting paid in Sweden. And some of you know how much I was getting paid there, so I'm pretty happy right now :D However, on that note, there's a lot of French Canadians this year, and they are some wicked pickers, so the season can be a shorter one. We shall see.

Now about the title. We had a worker on the farm who is a hard worker and a great guy, when he's sober at least. The day I saw his son, I didn't get a good feeling about him, just got the feeling of trouble. It's a long story, but here's a point-by-point list of what happened:

  • Some of us workers were sitting there enjoying the music and just talking, drinking, and eating.
  • D&B (worker and son) rock up in their car, pissed off their faces, and cranks up their music over ours. Already a bit of buzz kill.
  • He and his son are talking with people, and it seemed normal.
  • Me and a few others ditch because the music they were playing was crap and just really loud.
  • We hang out at their camp site, and then others start coming back to their tents.
  • D&B drive over to the campsite with the music blaring.
  • D jumps out of car with B still in it. I walk up to him to turn off the music cause it's annoying. I end up turning off his car for him.
  • Inform him that what he's doing is not cool and that people will complain to the boss if he doesn't leave.
  • He leaves, and does a burn out to give us a nice gift of dust as a going away present. Awesome.
  • Comes back later and now all the workers are around our camp and just talking shit about him, in French though. I tell them not to fight him and let me do all the talking.
  • He gets aggressive and I have to stand in front of him, with 10 people behind me ready to crack some Bogan skull.
  • He then drives off and stops shortly and walks back to us.
  • His son crushes a beer can he's been drinking, hands it to someone and looks at me and says "Well, Chris, I have free hands now." Me: "WHAT?!" "I have free hands now." I turn to face him straight on with harsh voice "Are you threatening me?! Are you serious?!" "Nah, mate, now I can roll a ciggie".
  • He also commented on how I was a visitor, and him a local. Basically, borderline racist comment coming.
  • D starts raising his voice and I calm everyone down with the help of one more.
  • D&B drive off, and try to find something too eat or drink in the fridge. Don't know if they find anything.
  • We drive up to the bosses house, leaving two people at the gate.
  • Make a police complaint, and guaranteed the guy is fired.
Happy days in Ouse.

Now what? Keep on trucking, and hopefully he's not going to come and try to finish off some business. We're about 30 people down there. He doesn't really stand a chance simply put.

Other than that, it's hot as hell, I love it, the river is still great, people are good, and I'm pretty happy. And tired. Really tired.

Ok guys, talk to you later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, dude, you should be writing a book! (I'm aware of the fact that I'm not the first one to tell ya!) But picturing the feeling standin right there.. uff.. I felt my heart beating in a different rhythm for a while.

Ieva